These are the socks that I struggled to finish because the heel was too small, but I finally pushed through and just did it! I do like their look, but they just were not motivating!
I know, you are saying, "...if the heel was too small why didn't you rip back and re knit it..." Honestly, it is only because I couldn't stand the thought of working on this project longer than I had to.
These socks took about a month to complete which is probably the longest a pair of socks has taken me since I first learned. I really love the colorway, and look of the pattern, I just didn't enjoy working it. I now know that I do not enjoy short row heels, and if I am going to do short row toes I need to learn how to do it better!
I believe the only modifications I made were not repeating the pattern on the back calf section of the leg. Instead I did a 1x1 ribbing. Also, I don't remember if it called for a tubular bind off but that is what I did.
If you are interested here is my Ravelry project page.
Up next: Ginger Cookies!