I have had some hand spun/hand dyed yarn in my Etsy shop for awhile now and I seem to be missing the mark with most buyers. Almost as soon as I knit my yarn into something (a hat or scarf or gloves) folks snatch it up, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to have yarn appeal in-and-of-itself. For those reasons I am asking for you help.
Below I listed five questions and if you are a hand spun or hand dyed yarn buyer please copy the question into the comment section and respond. I really would appreciate and look forward to hearing your opinions.
1. How often do you purchase hand spun/hand dyed yarn?
2. Do you have a preference of fiber content?
3. Do you base your purchase on how many yards or ounces a skein has? If so what is your basis?
4. Do you shop for your yarn by weight (ie: sport, worsted etc.)? If so what weight is preferred?
5. Do you prefer variegated or solid colors?
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions and if you would like to do a further critique of my yarn here is where you can find my current hand spun listings (the yarn pictured above will be listed later this week). Thank you so much!